tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sharon Prober (sprober)" <spro...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: WAR unzipping not catched
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 13:46:13 GMT
Perhaps consider using the tomcat event listeners that trigger when a context is up

	Sharon

-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:01 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: WAR unzipping not catched

Stefan Siegel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a question concerning Tomcats WAR deployment behavior:
>
> I have a web application which allows me to upload WAR files to the server
> via  a web form.
>
> I get feedback from Tomcat once the upload is finished. I then put the
> file in Tomcats "webapps" folder. Tomcat now starts unzipping the package.
> How can I manage to get a notification from Tomcat indicating me that the
> application is ready to be switched to?

If I had the same problem, and I did not want to start wading through the Tomcat Manager
application code (*), then what I would do would be to have my application issue a simple

HTTP request to this application, and check what comes back.
And if it was not the first page of the application (**), then I'd wait and retry.
But there are probably other ways to do this.

(*) which is available and, some say, surprisingly easy to understand
(**) which, considering I wrote it, could contain some unique string easy to detect