tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Trouble running TC8 trunk
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 02:28:18 GMT
----- Original Message -----

Chris,

This is likely not to be very helpful . . .

Revision: 1199595

java version "1.6.0_29"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

Apache Ant(TM) version 1.8.2 compiled on December 20 2010

Fedora 15, latest patches

Modified build.properties from build.properties.default

base.path=/home/mdeggers/src/tomcat-src/trunk-repo

# skipping windows installer
skip.installer=true

Commands:

ant clean
ant release

Copied

output/release/v8.0.0-dev/bin/apache-tomcat-8.0.0-dev.tar.gz

someplace and unpacked it.

It started up fine, and I was able to run a few of the test applications. I enabled the GUI
manager and that worked as well.

I tried

ant clean
ant deploy

and then ran the resulting output/build/bin/startup.sh from output/build/bin. That ran as
well. I also ran it successfully as output/build/bin/startup.sh.

The only java-related environment variables I have are the following:

JRE_HOME=/usr/jre
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java
ANT_HOME=/usr/local/Apache/ant
M2_HOME=/usr/local/Apache/maven
MAVEN_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx256m

I know, a "works for me" post isn't very helpful.

Sorry 'bout that.

. . . just my two cents.
/mde/