tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Vulnerability Remediation
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 20:35:30 GMT
Brendan,

The link is a list of the files that were modified to fix the
vulnerability.  These files can be used to patch the source code for
Tomcat.  After patching the source code, you would then need to
recompile it and update your Tomcat installation with the recompiled
binaries.

In my opinion, it's easier to apply one of the mitigations now and
upgrade to Tomcat 6.0.34 when it is officially released.

* Configure both Tomcat and the reverse proxy to use a shared secret.
(It is "request.secret" attribute in AJP <Connector>,
"worker.workername.secret" directive for mod_jk. The mod_proxy_ajp
module currently does not support shared secrets).

  * Use the org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler (BIO) AJP connector
    implementation.
(It is automatically selected if you do not have Tomcat-Native library
installed. It can be also selected explicitly: <Connector
protocol="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler">).

Dan