tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Faseela K <faseel...@ericsson.com>
Subject Query related to detection of the Source IP Address in Load-balancing mode
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 06:37:36 GMT

Hi,

I have applications running on two tomcat servers which are in load balancing mode.
If I try to access the application from the first server,and if the request is forwarded to
the second server,
the request.getRemoteAddr() on the second server still returns "127.0.0.1"(instead of first
server IP).
If the client is outside the two loadbancing servers, I am getting the proper client IP address.
I am using tomcat 5.5.31 and mod_jk module for load balancing,and my platform is solaris 10.
Is there a way to get the actual client IP,rather than localhost,if the client is on the same
box as the tomcat server,and if the request is forwarded to the second load balancing server?

Thanks,
Faseela