tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hodchenkov, Paul" <paul.hodchen...@oxagile.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat clustering session attribute is changed without request
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 07:44:45 GMT
Hi All,
I have used http://code.google.com/p/psi-probe/ to debug session replication.
So HttpSession attribute is NOT replicated when it is changed without http request. It's value
is changed only on the local tomcat.
However, when attribute is changed with http request - everything works fine.
So, is there any way to force the replication of HttpSession?
-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 4:08 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat clustering session attribute is changed without request

On 24/10/2011 14:05, Hodchenkov, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the reply!
> -> What does 'stores session map in memory' actually mean?
> It's ConcurrentMap<String, HttpSession> map which is filled by HttpListener. I
can access session attributes of any user using this approach.
> Does changes to attributes in HttpSession cause a replication in this case?

Don't know, probably.

> What is the benefit of using JMX connection to access the session instead of HttpListener
in this case?

It means you don't have to jump through hoops to access something that is already accessible
elsewhere.

user and change some session attribute). Will this session attribute be replicated if it is
changed without tomcat http request (changed by backend task for example)?

> What does 'stores session map in memory' actually mean?
>
> Instead of copying session objects around the place, why not just use the JMX API and
the operations on the Manager MBean?

the problem with http://old.nabble.com/sessionListener.sessionDestroyed-is-called-on-shutdown-of-a-node-in-the-cluster-td16178701.html?