tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hodchenkov, Paul" <paul.hodchen...@oxagile.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat clustering session attribute is changed without request
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:05:17 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
-> What does 'stores session map in memory' actually mean?
It's ConcurrentMap<String, HttpSession> map which is filled by HttpListener. I can access
session attributes of any user using this approach.
Does changes to attributes in HttpSession cause a replication in this case? What is the benefit
of using JMX connection to access the session instead of HttpListener in this case?

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 3:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat clustering session attribute is changed without request

On 24/10/2011 11:55, Hodchenkov, Paul wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have configured tomcat 7 cluster by using [1] with DeltaManager and it works fine.
> However I have the following 2 questions:
>
> 1)      My application stores session map in memory(admin can force logout of any user
and change some session attribute). Will this session attribute be replicated if it is changed
without tomcat http request (changed by backend task for example)?

What does 'stores session map in memory' actually mean?

Instead of copying session objects around the place, why not just use the JMX API and the
operations on the Manager MBean?

 Catalina:type=Manager,context=/myapp,host=localhost

problem with http://old.nabble.com/sessionListener.sessionDestroyed-is-called-on-shutdown-of-a-node-in-the-cluster-td16178701.html?