tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hodchenkov, Paul" <paul.hodchen...@oxagile.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat clustering session attribute is changed without request
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:28:57 GMT
Hi,
--> Changes in the session are only replicated at the end of a request.
1)So is there any way to 'force' replication if HttpSession was changed without http request?
-->2. I don't understand your question.
2) AFAIK tomcat fires onSessionDestroyed event when some node in cluster is stopped gracefully.
However, in my environment I don't observe such behavior.
Does expireSessionsOnShutdown parameter in Delta Manager, has something with it?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 2:20 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat clustering session attribute is changed without request

Op maandag, 24 oktober 2011 12:55 schreef "Hodchenkov, Paul" <paul.hodchenkov@oxagile.com>:

>  Hi all,
>  I have configured tomcat 7 cluster by using [1] with DeltaManager and it works fine.
>  However I have the following 2 questions:
>
>  1)      My application stores session map in memory(admin can force logout of any user
and change some session attribute). Will this session attribute be replicated if it is changed
without tomcat http request (changed by backend task for example)?

problem with http://old.nabble.com/sessionListener.sessionDestroyed-is-called-on-shutdown-of-a-node-in-the-cluster-td16178701.html?
>  [1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/cluster-howto.html
>
>  Best Regards,
>  Paul Hodchenkov
>  Senior Java developer, Oxagile
>  Skype: paul.hodchenkov
>  Email: mailto:paul.hodchenkov@oxagile.com

 Hi,

 1. Changes in the session are only replicated at the end of a request. BTW: My experience
with holding references to Sessions in your own map is that it is harder than you think. It
is more easy to create a map with blocked userids and block those users with a filter.

 2. I don't understand your question.

 Ronald.