tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hodchenkov, Paul" <paul.hodchen...@oxagile.com>
Subject Tomcat clustering session attribute is changed without request
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:55:07 GMT
Hi all,
I have configured tomcat 7 cluster by using [1] with DeltaManager and it works fine.
However I have the following 2 questions:

1)      My application stores session map in memory(admin can force logout of any user and
change some session attribute). Will this session attribute be replicated if it is changed
without tomcat http request (changed by backend task for example)?

2)      It's seems that expireSessionsOnShutdown=false in DeltaManager can solve the problem
with http://old.nabble.com/sessionListener.sessionDestroyed-is-called-on-shutdown-of-a-node-in-the-cluster-td16178701.html?
[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/cluster-howto.html

Best Regards,
Paul Hodchenkov