tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Caine <step...@commongrnd.com>
Subject Re: JSP page that will not update
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 02:42:05 GMT
Konstantin,

Thank you for your reply.  I will try to be more specific.

The function I have on the page is a simple call to the OS (Mac) for the current date and
time.  The first time the page is called, the current date and time is shown.  However, if
the window is closed and the page is called again, the original date and time are shown, not
the current date and time.  If I reload the page using menu commands, the date and time are
updated, but re-opening the page does not update the date and time.  Note however, re-opening
the page after 5 attempts, will eventually update the date and time.

I have set meta tags for no cache, no pragma, etc., all to no avail.

What is most interesting is that all of this worked in Tomcat 5.5.7, but now using Tomcat
5.5.34, re-opening a page does not automatically refresh content.

Can you point me to information concerning AccessLogValves, please.

I appreciate you time.

Stephen Caine

On Oct 6, 2011, at 7:47 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> 2011/10/7 Stephen Caine <Stephen@commongrnd.com>:
>> List users,
>>
>> I recently updated to Tomcat 5.5.34 from 5.5.7.  Keeping all the configuration files
the same, I now notice that a jsp page that opens cached data whereas before the page always
loaded updated data.  The call to the page is via a javascript using window.open.