tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill Wang <bw57...@gmail.com>
Subject two questions about the session timeout in tomcat
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 23:20:24 GMT
Hi Tomcat Guru,

Recently one of Tomcat application has performance issue, which get slow
respond with high sessions.

One team member recommend me to adjust the  session timeout from 60 minutes
to 30 minutes.  I will do that, but before change it, I'd like to understand
how the performance related with the expire session timeout.

         <session-timeout>60</session-timeout>

Second, currently I monitor the session count by login the admin interface,
the manual way is not efficiency, can I run some commands to get the
sessions number? With that I can set a cronjob and generate the session
report easily.

Regards,
Bill