tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jürgen Link <juergen.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject how to properly configure tomcat 7 cluster with BackupManager
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:41:13 GMT
Hi all,
I successfully did set up a tomcat cluster (3 nodes) with session
replication, using the standard DeltaManager.

In order to allow for more nodes, I'd like to switch to BackupManager for
primary-secondary replication on a dedicated backup node.
Unfortunately, the official documentation (and various other sources out
there) simply states "For larger clusters, to use a primary-secondary
session replication where the session will only be stored at one backup
server simply setup the BackupManager".
I therefore tried to replace DeltaManager in all node's three context.xml by
BackupManager, but sessions still get replicated on all three nodes.
I also tried to configure only one node with BackupManager, but it didn't
help either.

I'm obviously missing something - can someone give a sketch of how to
configure the cluster correctly?

Cheers
Jürgen