tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jürgen Link <juergen.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Compile, build and prepare Webapp for Tomcat in command line
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:26:03 GMT
Hi Léa,
although it's pretty straight-forward to compile and package all the stuff
you need inside your web application, I'd rather recommend looking into
maven.
It's an excellent project management tool (at least from my point of view)
which supports exactly what you asked for.
By default, it will compile your sources, run the tests (e.g. JUnit),
gather external libraries you need and package everything nicely.
Moreover, Maven itself is a Java application and therefore, platform
independent.

For an overview, you could consult several references, including this one:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html

Cheers
Jürgen