tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Francis GALIEGUE <...@one2team.com>
Subject Re: Denying IPs using the Valve command in context.xml
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 19:11:28 GMT
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 21:08, Christopher Schultz
<chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
[...]
> - From the docs:
>
> "If this attribute [allow] is specified, the remote address MUST match
> for this request to be accepted".
>
> "If this attribute [deny] is specified, the remote address MUST NOT
> match for this request to be accepted".
>
> I don't think Matacher.lookingAt is appropriate for this kind of checking.

Well, it depends on the definition of "match", I guess. For me, a
regex matches an input if it matches anywhere in the input! Which is
pretty much the definition of regex matching, and which is why Java's
.matches() methods are misnomers...

--
Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM