tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: control of session timed out with tomcat
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:19:27 GMT
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Alejandro Soto <smalejandro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, my system is like a ERP, what I want to do is basically: the user for
> work with the system, first must to be authenticated, then the user can
> works normally, then, if his session timed out, he need to relogin, that is
> the reason because I need to control the sessions, but what the user was
> doing before relogin, must be on hold, if the authentication is successful,
> then the request of the user is committed.

I think you would need to be a lot more precise about requirements,
like what you mean by "what the user was doing before relogin".

But generally, if you have some kind of transaction-in-progress when
the session times out -- what's the question? You'll have to save the
transaction state somewhere and re-associate it with the user's new
session after s/he logs in again.

The details could vary wildly according to your specific requirements :-)

FWIW,
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan