tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: control of session timed out with tomcat
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:16:30 GMT
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:52 AM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:

> 1) Tomcat (probably) doesn't spend its time all the time scanning stored
> sessions to see if one has expired, and deleting it.

Actually, it does. That's what session listeners depend on.

So, for example, I can have a ShoppingCart with a method like

public void valueUnbound(HttpSessionBindingEvent httpsessionbindingevent)
{
     empty(); /* remove reserved status from items */
}

If the session times out without the cart contents being purchased,
the cart returns any items it contains to inventory. Very handy :-)

FWIW,
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan