tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: manager trying to use JAASRealm vice tomcat-users.xml
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:32:46 GMT
> From: Lund, Holly (CONTR) [mailto:holly.lund@hq.doe.gov]
> Subject: manager trying to use JAASRealm vice tomcat-users.xml

> Tomcat 6.0.32 and java 1.6 on solaris 10

Good to know; thanks.

> Uncommented the connector 8080

That's very odd, since that <Connector> is not commented out in the standard server.xml.

> added user for manager-gui and role for manager-gui in tomcat-users.xml

Did you remove the comment markers?  Send us the file, with passwords obscured.

> When I try to log into manager get following error in catalina.out
> Oct 12, 2011 8:55:07 AM org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm authenticate
> SEVERE: Unexpected error
> java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration

> What am I doing wrong

Not sending us your entire server.xml (with sensitive information obscured); it sounds like
your server.xml is a bit different from the standard one.  I would guess the UserDatabaseRealm
has been commented out or removed.

 - Chuck