tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Janner <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: IPv6 question
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:46:37 GMT

[Jeff Janner]
I'm not sure the above applies for APR, I've never gotten it to work (at least not on Windows).
It appears that APR defaults to IPV6 if no address is given.  If you look back in this list
for about a year to year & a half, you'll see much discussion on this.  I am not positive
that this has not been addressed yet, as I've resorted to specifying address='0.0.0.0' in
all my connectors since I ran into the problem.  Give it a test and see.
I think you are correct however for the JRE-based connectors.

> * Otherwise, specify address parameter:
> - IPv4 as "x.x.x.x"
> - IPv6 as "[x:x::x]"
>
> Sample config:
>
> File: server.xml
> <Connector port="8080"
> address="85.195.98.140"
> address="[2a01:7a0:3:200::2:2]"
> protocol="HTTP/1.1"
> />
>
> Also, if there are any other points that bear mentioning, I'd be happy
> to add them.
>
> Thanks,
> Issac

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender or
telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your system.