tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edward Quick <Edward.Qu...@iggroup.com>
Subject RE: ssl handshake problem
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:20:28 GMT
Found out the reason for the ssl handshake error. The certificate chain was in the wrong order
(being server certificate, Root CA, Intermediate, instead of server certificate, Intermediate,
Root CA).

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Quick [mailto:Edward.Quick@iggroup.com]
Sent: 12 October 2011 08:12
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: ssl handshake problem

Thanks for your reply Chris. No I'm not confident a restart would fix it. Having said that
I haven't seen the ssl handshake problem since yesterday (which might be because the app hasn't
tried the address yet) so waiting to see if it happens again. Unfortunately I don't have a
way to invoke it.

All my question was really is whether tomcat or java somehow caches an https site's old ssl
certificate for a while and checks its truststore against this instead of the new one?