tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edward Quick <Edward.Qu...@iggroup.com>
Subject ssl handshake problem
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:21:20 GMT
Hi,

I have an ssl handshake issue with an application running on tomcat that talks to an ssl site.
This site renewed their ssl certificate recently, however it was signed with the G5 and G3
intermediate verisign CA certificates which are imported into the java truststore that my
tomcat uses.

If I run a short java program from the command line to connect to the site using tomcat's
truststore it works fine. I'm just wondering if tomcat needs a restart to pick the new certificate
up from this site? Or is there an mbean operation I can invoke to clear this out? Obviously
I'm speculating, but I'm a bit stuck on this and as it's running a live service, it's not
easy to restart.

Thanks for any help.

Ed.

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc) that do not relate to the official business
of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Group Holdings
plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number
761 2978 07. Registered Office: Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA. Authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.