tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Filter by HTTP_REFERER
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:23:39 GMT
Ricardo Bayley wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I am trying to filter access to my webapp by the HTTP_REFERER
> I thought this could be achieved with the Valve Componenent using the
> Remote Host Filter such as
> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteHostValve" allow="
> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteHostValve" allow="
> I am not have in success. Can this be achieved or should I use Apache httpd
> to proxy requests?
What exactly do you want to filter on ?
The "referrer" is one thing (it's the browser page currently displayed, in which the link

was clicked to trigger the current request).
The hostname from which the request comes is another.
The host IP address from which the request comes is a third possibility.
(and filtering on the hostname is "expensive", because it requires DNS lookups)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message