tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Filchak <sub...@zuka.net>
Subject Re: Re: tomcat error 404
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:21:26 GMT
Hi Pid,

On 22/07/64 2:59 PM, Pid * wrote:

> On 23 Oct 2011, at 17:21, Dave Filchak<submit@zuka.net>   wrote:
>
>> Ok, perhaps this will be more helpful. To follow is the way the db
>> connection is set up now, and I am not sure it is correct because, as I
>> understand it, you are supposed to add a context to the server.xml
> ... not recommended in the last 2 major versions of Tomcat.
But this is Tomcat 5.5?

>> file
>> defining the db connection through jdbc/mysql ( which I am not sure of
>> the format yet ), either in the main system one or the application
>> specific one, OR to the META-INF/content.xml file,
> You mean 'context.xml' of course.
Yes

>> which I do not have.
>> What I do have is this, in my application directory at
>> /home/XXXXXX/public_html/WEB-INF/conf/environment.xml:
> That is not a Tomcat file.  Could it be an application specific file?
I guess it must be. I thought it was a tomcat file. So, in the
application, the database was always configured in this environment.xml
file. Is it possible to have a database connection defined in a
application specific file and not in any of the actual tomcat files
under tomcat 5.5?

>> <jdbc-config>
>> <driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver>
>> <url>jdbc:mysql://###.###.###.###:3306/#######_exodus</url>
>> <user>#########_exodus</user>
>> <password>#####</password>
>> <max>10</max>
>> <init>10</init>
>> <queueQuery>select now()</queueQuery>
>> <logFile>/home/#####/public_html/WEB-INF/logs/pool.txt</logFile>
>> </jdbc-config>
> Logging inside the api action is generally considered to be A Bad Idea.
OK ... I will take it out as it is not working anyway as far as I can tell.

>> When I modify the<url>, it does show up in the error that is generated
>> so the app
> <snip>
>
>>> Error initializing sub-systems:
>>> Please check the following:
>>> 1. That your machine has a valid connection to
>>> jdbc:mysql://localhost/########_exodus Using:
>>>      Username: ########_exodus
>>>      Password: ######
>>>      Driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> The stacktrace below indicates that the JavaMail libs are missing.
>
> They would either be in your apps WEB-INF/lib or tomcat/lib. In an old
> Tomcat it might have been in tomcat/common/lib or tomcat/shared/lib.
OK, I will Google for them and try to get them installed

>>> *DETAILS FOLLOW:*
>>> java.lang.Exception: Unable to Initialize Environment:
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Address
>>>     at com.snapmedia.degrassi.base.BroadcastSystem.(Unknown Source)
>>>     at com.snapmedia.degrassi.base.BroadcastSystem.(Unknown Source)
>>>     at com.snapmedia.SystemController.init(SystemController.java:86)
>>>     at
>>> com.snapmedia.WebSystemController.init(WebSystemController.java:39)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1139)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:966)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3996)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4266)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
>>>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
>>>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
>>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>     at
>>>     at
>>>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>     at
>>>     at
>>>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:219)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.mail.Address
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1438)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1284)
>>>     ... 25 more
>>>
>>> I have verified that thew username and password are correct by logging
>>> into the MySQL server from the command line. Something with the driver?
>>>
>>> Dave

true to enable

application

Use of a