tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: URI mapping
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:26:50 GMT
Pid wrote:
  The jsessionid cookie is set with the server
> name of the Tomcat instance, rather than a domain with variable
> subdomains*, unless you have configured it otherwise (Servlet 3.0 only).

Yes, but what /is/ this server name that this Tomcat will be using ?
I don't think that is as straightforward as it may look.

For example, what will Tomcat put in the cookie if this Tomcat is set up with a single
<Host name="localhost">
but it runs on a host whose canonical name is "someserver.company.com".

Does it use the hostname received in the "Host:" header of the request, even when this
hostname does not match any of its <Host> tags ?

And what if there is no Host: header ?