tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Filchak <sub...@zuka.net>
Subject Re: Re: Re: tomcat error 404
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:20:28 GMT
Ok, perhaps this will be more helpful. To follow is the way the db
connection is set up now, and I am not sure it is correct because, as I
understand it, you are supposed to add a context to the server.xml file
defining the db connection through jdbc/mysql ( which I am not sure of
the format yet ), either in the main system one or the application
specific one, OR to the META-INF/content.xml file, which I do not have.
What I do have is this, in my application directory at
/home/XXXXXX/public_html/WEB-INF/conf/environment.xml:

<jdbc-config>
<driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver>
<url>jdbc:mysql://###.###.###.###:3306/#######_exodus</url>
<user>#########_exodus</user>
<password>#####</password>
<max>10</max>
<init>10</init>
<queueQuery>select now()</queueQuery>
<logFile>/home/#####/public_html/WEB-INF/logs/pool.txt</logFile>
</jdbc-config>

When I modify the<url>, it does show up in the error that is generated
so the app must be reading from this entry while trying to make the
connection to the database. I do not believe there is any other location
where a reference to the database is made.

Apparently, you are also supposed
to add an entry in the</*CONTEXT_HOME*/>/WEB-INF/web.xml and I am not
sure if this is true but in my/home/#####/public_html/WEB-INF/web.xml
there is no reference to the database. However, this used to work on the
old server. So, in a nutshell, the only reference to a database
connection is in the environment.xml file.

Dave

On 22/07/64 2:59 PM, Dave Filchak wrote:
> [...]

should
>>> control this manager.  (see the degrassi.
>>> instance properties file) -->
>>> <scanForJobs>10</scanForJobs> <!-- How often should the scheduler

>>> wake up and scan for tasks (in minutes)
>>>  -->
>>> </CronScheduler>
>>>
>>> <BroadcastSystem>
>>> <enabled>true</enabled> <!-- Set to true to enable outbound
>>> messaging (WAP/Email) -->
>>> <interval>5</interval> <!-- Time in minutes to sleep and check

>>> message queue size -->
>>> </BroadcastSystem>
>>>
>>> <ParentalGuidance>
>>> <enabled>true</enabled> <!--Does this system treat underage children

>>> differently?  (TRUE=YES, FALSE=
>>> NO) -->
>>> <MinRegistrationAge>13</MinRegistrationAge> <!--Children who are

>>> less than this age require parental guidance (PG13) --
>>> >
>>> </ParentalGuidance>
>>>
>>> <MemoryManager>
>>> <enabled>false</enabled> <!-- Set to true to enable the
>>> MemoryManager thread to queue for JVM memsta
>>> te -->
>>> <frequency>15</frequency> <!-- (in Minutes) How often the state
of
>>> memory in the JVM should be checke
>>> d -->
>>> <warnLevel>450</warnLevel> <!-- (in MB) Size of memory used to

>>> trigger e-mail notification (if enabled
>>> ) -->
>>> <notifyEnabled>true</notifyEnabled> <!-- Set to true to send email

>>> to everyone when memory gets low -->
>>> <notifyGroup>######@########.com</notifyGroup> <!-- Semi-colon

>>> delimited list of whomever should be notified in the event
>>> of a 'low-memory' state -->
>>> </MemoryManager>
>>>
>>> <BlockedUserManager>
>>> <enabled>true</enabled>
>>> <daysBlocked>3</daysBlocked>
>>> </BlockedUserManager>
>>>
>>> <SecurityWatcher>
>>> <enabled>false</enabled> <!-- [TRUE = ENABLED | FALSE = DISABLED]

>>> overrides all other toggles -->
>>> <rftEnabled>true</rftEnabled> <!-- (RFT = REQUEST FREQUENCY TEST
-
>>> [TRUE|FALSE]) set to true to have the
>>> system test the frequency of client requests for abuse. -->
>>> <rftThreshold>10</rftThreshold> <!-- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ABUSE FLAGS
>>> USER CAN HAVE BEFORE ACTION IS TAKEN -
>>> ->
>>> <rftActionPoint>1500</rftActionPoint> <!-- EXPRESSED IN
>>> MILLISECONDS, THIS REPRESENTS THE POINT WHERE A REQUEST I
>>> S CONSIDERED TOO RAPID AND WE INCREMENT A COUNTER UNTIL WE HIT THE
>>> THRESHOLD. -->
>>> <rftClearPoint>4000</rftClearPoint> <!-- EXPRESSED IN MILLISECONDS,

>>> THIS REPRESENTS THE POINT WHERE WE SHOULD C
>>> LEAR ALL FLAGS AND RESET THRESHOLD. -->
>>> <rftHoldTime>10</rftHoldTime> <!-- EXPRESSED IN MINUTES, HOW LONG

>>> SHOULD WE TEMPORARILY DENY A VIOLATOR A
>>> CCESS TO THE SITE -->
>>> <rftDailyMaxViolations>5</rftDailyMaxViolations> <!-- HOW MANY
TIMES