tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Filchak <sub...@zuka.net>
Subject Re: Re: tomcat error 404
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:23:42 GMT
Hi André,

Sorry about the comments. Wasn't thinking. So, I did find that one of
the closing comment tags in my web.xml was entered as ==>. Fixing that
gave me some progress in that the site's homepage now comes up. However,
I now get the following error when clicking on a few links, which
obviously refer to a connection to the database:

Error initializing sub-systems:
Please check the following:
1. That your machine has a valid connection to jdbc:mysql://localhost/########_exodus Using:
     Username: ########_exodus
     Password: ######
     Driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

*DETAILS FOLLOW:*
java.lang.Exception: Unable to Initialize Environment:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Address
	at com.snapmedia.degrassi.base.BroadcastSystem.(Unknown Source)
	at com.snapmedia.degrassi.base.BroadcastSystem.(Unknown Source)
	at com.snapmedia.SystemController.init(SystemController.java:86)
	at com.snapmedia.WebSystemController.init(WebSystemController.java:39)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1139)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:966)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3996)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4266)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
	at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:219)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.mail.Address
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1438)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1284)
	... 25 more

I have verified that thew username and password are correct by logging
into the MySQL server from the command line. Something with the driver?

Dave