tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AJP Errors. Apache + Tomcat
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 08:48:15 GMT
Hi.

The problem can also be due just to the difference in startup time between Apache httpd
and Tomcat.  At the time Apache httpd (and its embedded mod_proxy_ajp module) try to
contact Tomcat, Tomcat has possibly not yet "opened" its Connector on port 8009, which
causes the host to refuse a connection to that port.

In my experience anything involving Java tends to take a while to "start the machinery"
(it is after all a "java virtual machine").
In the practice thus, what we always do in such configurations, is to start Tomcat first
(which really means mostly "start the java virtual machine which runs Tomcat")
, wait a couple of seconds, and then start the Apache httpd part.