tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Reuse mod ajp proxy connections
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 07:21:39 GMT
Dimitar Georgievski wrote:

> Mod proxy settings in Apache
> ProxyStatus On
> ProxyRequests Off
> ProxyTimeout 1800
>
> ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*) ajp://localhost:8009/$1
>
> SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
> SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

What happens if you just comment out the previous 2 lines ?

Unless I totally misunderstand the httpd documentation and HTTP, the above 2 lines tell
the Apache mod_proxy module to issue all requests to Tomcat using HTTP 1.0, which does not

support persistent connections.
No wonder then that each request causes a separate connection setup and tear-down.

Next question :

 > ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*) ajp://localhost:8009/$1

If you are forwarding *everything* to Tomcat anyway, then why do you have an Apache httpd

in front ? why not just set up Tomcat to listen on port 80 and avoid the complication ?