tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Is incoming connection request queue totally ordered?
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:22:08 GMT
Stevo Slavić wrote:
> Hello Tomcat users,
>
> Are HTTP and AJP connector incoming connection request queues totally
> ordered (FIFO)? Just want to make sure whether connection requests
> waiting for executor will fight for it once one becomes available, or
> will the order connection request were made be respected.

As ar as I know, this is something controlled by the TCP/IP stack of your host.  It is not

dependent on Tomcat or Java.  Tomcat (through Java) just "accepts" a waiting connection,
and gets the one which the native TCP/IP stack returns.
But yes, intuitively, it should always be a FIFO. I have a feeling that a lot of things
would not work quite right if it wasn't. And it would certainly be unfair.