tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Apache-like allow/deny remote host filtering
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 18:43:24 GMT

On 10/2/2011 3:57 PM, Francis GALIEGUE wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 19:46, Konstantin Kolinko
> <> wrote:
>> 2011/10/2 Francis GALIEGUE <>:
>> 1. If you want to submit it as a patch for Tomcat, you should
>> attach it to a Bugzilla issue.
> OK, will do.

Is there a way to see the code as a diff instead of complete files?
This looks like a diff where the whole file is new.

>> 4. In Tomcat 7 there are  RemoteAddrValve and RemoteAddrFilter.
>> Both implement the same filtering, but one is implemented as a
>> valve, another as a filter.
> I hadn't seen that. Thanks for the correction!

It appears that no changes would be needed to either the Filter or the
Valve -- only to the shared implementation that interprets the meaning
of those settings.

>> 5. Tomcat 7 has tests written for JUnit. I'd be nice if your
>> valve had such tests. To start testsuite you execute the "test"
>> target in Tomcat's build.xml.
>> You can run a single test by setting "test.entry" property in
>> equal to the test name. Otherwise the full
>> testsuite will be run.
> That's in the plan.

I don't see jmock in the set of libs available for TC7, so you may
have to play some games with HttpServletRequestWrapper in order to
test this thing properly.

Let us know if you need any help.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)