tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: RHEL + Tomcat6, error in logfile
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 17:26:54 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: RHEL + Tomcat6, error in logfile
>
>> Oct 4, 2011 4:46:25 PM org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent
>> SEVERE: destroyMBeans: Throwable
>> javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException: Cannot create object name for
>> org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector@3fa6cd
>
> Assuming you can find it in this non-standard environment, let's look at the server.xml
and see if there's something odd in there, especially the <Connector> elements.

Yes ! I found it ! in /etc/tomcat6 of all places.
Anyway, with comments removed, here is what it contains.

Note that I have left in the commented-out HTTPS connector, because I find it strange that

two other connectors reference its port, but that it is itself commented out.
I don't know if it matters, but I imagine that removing the "redirectPort" attributes in
the HTTP and AJP Connectors would not hurt, would it ?

Anyway, I don't see anything strange here, do you ?

server.xml :

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

   <GlobalNamingResources>
               type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
               pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
   </GlobalNamingResources>
   <Service name="Catalina">
     <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                connectionTimeout="20000"
                redirectPort="8443" />

			   <!--
     <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
     -->

     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

              resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
       <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
       </Host>
     </Engine>
   </Service>