tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat SW Support Matrix Does Tomcat run on AIX?
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 12:44:32 GMT
On 02/10/2011 08:20, Margaret Barrineau wrote:
> Where can I find the SW support matrix (operating systems) for Tomcat?

To the best of my knowledge no such documentation exists.

Tomcat is pure Java. It runs on any operating system that has a
appropriate version of the JVM available. Different versions of Tomcat
require different minimum JVM versions.

Tomcat 5.5.x requires a 1.4 or later JVM
Tomcat 6.0.x requires a 1.5 or later JVM
Tomcat 7.0.x requires a 1.6 or later JVM

> Does  Tomcat run on AIX?

Yes. It runs quite happily on IBM's JVM for AIX.

Mark