tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Léa Massiot <>
Subject WebApp access to a LAN share
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 18:38:59 GMT

Thank you for reading my post.

Here is my problem:
- I have two machines S and M on the same LAN.
- S is a Debian machine running a Tomcat server.
- And I have a WebApp W deployed on this Tomcat server.
- M is a Windows machine which hosts some files for W.
- S and M belong to the same Samba domain.
- On M, the WebApp files are stored in a directory: "C:\p1\p2\".
- "p2" is a share.
- Somewhere in the WebApp Java code, I have declared a "final" to store the
files path.
  Here is what I wrote:
  public static final String s_path = "//M/p2/";
- Now, when I manipulate the WebApp in such a way a file "f.xml" located in
"C:\p1\p2\p3\" has to be opened and read, I get the following error: /M/p2/p3/f.xml (No such file or directory)
My question is: how do I have to declare "s_path" to properly access, from S
(W), those files which are stored on M?
(I basically want to have the data on one machine and Tomcat on another
Can you help me?
Best regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: