tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Preferred configuration with Hardware Loadbalancer
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 08:44:04 GMT
What do you mean by Apache Webserver? Do you mean Apache Tomcat or Apache httpd?

 And do you want Failover (active-passive) or Loadbalancing (active-active)?

 Ronald.

Op donderdag, 6 oktober 2011 10:36 schreef Alexander Diedler <adiedler@tecracer.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I am just planning a Application cluster for Tomcat. We have a big hardware loadbalancer
(Cisco) and three virtual servers. We talked about several configurations, but it is not clear
for us, how to build a Tomcat cluster, with Failover and Session-Replication, but without
Loadbalancing?

> E.g. the LB redirect the request to node 1. The Apache Webserver redirects the request
to node2. So we have a double load-balancing, what ne would avoid.