tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: URI mapping
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 23:26:55 GMT
----- Original Message -----

Andre,

Exactly. Those were some of my questions as well. Right now though I'm setting up all Apache
named virtual hosts to Tomcat virtual hosts so that the names match.

Apache HTTPD
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName somehost.somewhere.com
  ServerAlias somehost
# more stuff
</VirtualHost>

Tomcat server.xml
<Host name="ahost" appBase="some-absolute-path">
  <Alias>somehost.somewhere.com</Alias>
  <!-- more stuff -->
</Host>

I don't map the default host (left at localhost). Based on what I've read so far, the cookies
should come back in a sane fashion. I may have to flip the Tomcat <Host> name attribute
and <Alias> element around to have a completely clean installation. This will make CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/<name>
a bit ugly, but I can live with that.

I should set this up with a test web application with cookies and watch the entire mess with
Firedebug.

Thanks for a great discussion.

. . . . just my (less confused) two cents.
/mde/