tomcat-users mailing list archives

From akshay hiremath <>
Subject Re: Regarding Catalina/Tomcat MBeans attributes/operations description
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 09:08:49 GMT
Hi Konstantin,
Thanks for this, hope it will help, I'm using Tomcat version 7.0.20.

From: Konstantin Kolinko <>
To: Tomcat Users List <>
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:30 PM
Subject: Re: Regarding Catalina/Tomcat MBeans attributes/operations description

2011/10/5 akshay hiremath <>:
> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me where can I get the Catalina MBeans field description.
> I mean what exactly particular attribute of particular MBean is providing.
> e.g. In ThreadPool
> There are two attributes in Mbean "http-8080"
> 1. currentThreadCount
> 2. currentThreadsBusy
> I'm not able to understand what each of these is doing.
> Can I get any documentation related to this?
> I checked the Tomcat documentation but there is not description of MBeans.

If it is not in the docs, then read the source code.

MBeans are defined by mbeans-descriptors.xml files,
and are implemented by properties in Java objects represented by those beans.

You are not saying what Tomcat version you are using.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: