tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <geor...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: two questions about the session timeout in tomcat
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:10:12 GMT

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
303 438-9585
www.mhsoftware.com

Sometimes developers will store JDBC connections or result sets on the
session as attribution. They'll use the command
session.setAttribute("ResultSet",MySQLResultSet);

This makes things like paging easier, but you're holding open database
connections for each session. It also consumes memory to hold them.

I run a SaaS business with tomcat and each server has several hundred
virtual hosts, and sees thousands of clients each day. Something's wrong
with your app and this is almost certainly it.