tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Talha Fazal <tfa...@credera.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Performance Turning.
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 14:24:09 GMT
WE GENERATE REPORT ON NETWORK BACKLOG USING ADVANCED TOOLS, WHICH INDICATE NEGLIGIBLE NETWORK
DELAY. AT ONE POINT TO TIME THIS WAS AN ISSUE. WE INCREASED THE BANDWIDTH FROM 45 MBPS TO
100 MBPS WHICH RESOLVED THE ISSUE.

THANKS, TALHA.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 9:16 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat Performance Turning.

> From: Talha Fazal [mailto:tfazal@credera.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat Performance Turning.

> We did take a thread dump and we found a lot of threads locked.
> "http-8014-9" daemon prio=10 tid=0x0000000060965c00 nid=0x6c83 in Object.wait()
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.await(JIoEndpoint.java:458)

Often, a throughput problem is not the many, but just one that is holding all of the others
up.  The example you cite above is simply a thread waiting for something to do.

Do you perhaps have a network problem, where requests are simply not getting delivered to
httpd or Tomcat in a timely fashion?

 - Chuck