tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <LeoDona...@mail.maricopa.gov>
Subject endpoint.warn.unlockAcceptorFailed
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 14:20:01 GMT
Tomcat 6.0.32 and 6.0.33 32-bit windows zip - Windows XP Pro

[OT] I was experimenting with trying to profile memory on Tomcat when it is started via a
Windows Service using jvisualvm.exe  Profiling tomcat memory using visualvm works great when
Tomcat is started as a script using the startup.bat.  I've seen several articles that talk
about profiling Tomcat as a windows service relating to the CATALINA_TMPDIR directory vs the
windows tmp directory and other articles that talk about the account under which Tomcat is
started vs the account under which the visualvm.exe is started.  I have not changed anything
in catalina.bat at this point, or anything else - these were fresh downloads and checksums
verified.
http://blogs.oracle.com/nbprofiler/entry/monitoring_java_processes_running_as
http://mballantyne.blogspot.com/2011/05/profiling-tomcat-with-visualvm-on-mac.html [/OT]

Running the shutdown.bat script, on .32 and .33, hung at trying to stop the coyote connector,
which then produces the error message in the command prompt window "endpoint.warn.unlockAcceptorFailed"
over and over.

Tomcat 7.0.21 32-bit windows zip starting and stopping via the startup and shutdown scripts
doesn't give me this problem.

Any ideas what could be wrong?  Windows firewall maybe?

Leo