tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Wilson <paulalexwil...@gmail.com>
Subject Using namespaces within XML documents produced from JSPXs
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:16:43 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying use taglibs with a JSPX page, but also specify a namespace
declaration for elements rendered by the JSP. An example:

<foo:xyz xmlns:foo="path/to/foo/ns" xmlns:bar="path/to/bar/ns">
   <foo:p/>
   <bar:q/>
</foo:xyz>

In the above example, I have a taglib registered for only 'foo', whereas I'd
like 'bar' to be considered verbatim and added to the body content as such.
What actually happens is the xmlns declaration is removed and is not made
available to the taglib component processing 'foo:xyz'. Jasper then
complains that 'bar' is not bound.

I've also tried:

<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="..." version="2.1" xmlns:foo="path/to/foo/ns">
   <foo:xyz xmlns:bar="path/to/bar/ns">
         <foo:p/>
         <bar:q/>
   </foo:xyz>
</jsp:root>

But again the 'bar' namespace is removed. I also tried 'jsp:attribute',
although that appears to strip the namespace off the element completely,
despite http://java.net/jira/browse/JSP_SPEC_PUBLIC-97 stating that
namespaces would be supported in version 2.1.

I'm lost and can't think my way around this one unfortunately, any help
*vastly* appreciated.

Regards,
Paul