tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: catalina_pid file contains +1 pid number instead of correct pid
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:03:34 GMT
2011/9/27 Raghu GS <raghu.gs@i10n.com>:

> Hello Everybody
>
> We are using Tomcat 6.20 in CentOS 5.3 server.

6.0.20 ??

You should read
http://tomcat.apache.org/security-6.html

as well as all the fixed issues in changelog.

> I have recently enabled catalina_pid functionality using environment
> variable.
> The PID file got created and contains +1 PID number.
>
> If the Tomcat's real PID number 5446, the pid file would contain 5447 as PID
> number.

catalina.sh is a shell script file. There are not many secrets there
and it is editable.
You should try to debug what really goes on on your system.

IIRC there were some talks about using "exec" command vs "eval"
command  in the script to launch the process.

Anyway, if CATALINA_PID file were not working I think somebody would
report it, but 6.0.20 was so old ago and I do not remember such
reports.