tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: *.iface;jessionid=xxx gives 404 error
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 20:27:28 GMT
2011/9/13 jprideaux <jprideaux@snapdiagnostics.com>:

> One other tidbit.  When I call request.getRequestURI(), I get something like
> PathDispatcher.service: /test3/a.iface from
> org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade@a245b0
> when I'm using Tomcat 6.0.32
> and
> PathDispatcher.service: /test3/a.iface;jsessionid=blah from
> org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade@a83987
> when I am using tomcat 6.0.33 (or Tomcat 7).
>
> Is it intended that request.getRequestURI() should return a path parameter
> as part of the URI?

Yes, That is required by the Servlet Specification.

See servlet-2_5-mrel2-spec.pdf  ch. SRV.3.1 (page number 26), Quote:
[[[
Path parameters that are part of a GET request (as defined by HTTP 1.1) are not
exposed by these APIs. They must be parsed from the String values
returned by the
getRequestURI method or the getPathInfo method.
]]]

It means that getRequestURI() must return the path parameters as is.

I am looking at the source code of PathDispatcher for icefaces-1.8.2
in their svn repository...  It uses regex matching against the value
of request.getRequestURI(),
and those regexes are \\.jsp$ and so on
 (in com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.MainServlet)
using $ to match the end of string.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko