tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: default realm set to JAASRealm in StandardEngine
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2011 13:30:50 GMT
2011/9/21  <1983-01-06@gmx.net>:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have removed the MemoryRealm from my server.xml in Tomcat 6.0.33 and noticed that the
StandardEngine creates a JAASRealm [1]:
> 21.09.2011 09:14:58 org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm setContainer
> INFO: Set JAAS app name Catalina
>
> What is the reasoning behind this?
> I assume that any app will fail because I have never configured the JAAS config file.

This message is also observed while running the test cases (e.g.
TestCometProcessor)

    [junit] 24.09.2011 17:23:56 org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm setContainer
    [junit] INFO: Set JAAS app name Tomcat

Personally it feels more like a bug than a feature.

I do not mind changing it, e.g. to speed up tests, as I agree to what
Pid wrote "If your app needs an auth realm, isn't it your
responsibility to provide one?". More investigation is needed though
to review if there are consequences.

> Mike
>
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/core/StandardEngine.java?view=markup#l153