tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: cpu problem with tomcat 7.0.14
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 14:01:49 GMT
2011/9/9 Yavuz Sert <>
> Hi all,
> We have a problem with tomcat server. For hours, cpu usage for tomcat7.exe is %100.
> I have installed processExplorer. Here is the output for tomcat threads
> The server is Win  Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, 64 bit, 4gb tam, Intel xeon 2.67 (x2)
cpu (vmware)
> Any idea about this?

1. Look into mailing list archives. You should take thread dumps (->
FAQ) to see where threads wast their time.

Usually such issues are caused by a bug in your own web application
(like  while(true) {//do nothing; }).

See in archives how other people have solved similar errors.

2. You have to upgrade (to latest 7.0.21). There have been a number of
security issues fixed in later releases.

3. Please do not send HTML e-mails to this mailing list,
and you cannot send images -- they are stripped off by mailing list software.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: