tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: endpoint.warn.unlockAcceptorFailed
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 14:53:11 GMT
2011/9/27 Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <LeoDonahue@mail.maricopa.gov>:
> Tomcat 6.0.32 and 6.0.33 32-bit windows zip - Windows XP Pro
>
> [OT] I was experimenting with trying to profile memory on Tomcat when it is started via
a Windows Service using jvisualvm.exe  Profiling tomcat memory using visualvm works great
when Tomcat is started as a script using the startup.bat.  I've seen several articles that
talk about profiling Tomcat as a windows service relating to the CATALINA_TMPDIR directory
vs the windows tmp directory and other articles that talk about the account under which Tomcat
is started vs the account under which the visualvm.exe is started.  I have not changed anything
in catalina.bat at this point, or anything else - these were fresh downloads and checksums
verified.
> http://blogs.oracle.com/nbprofiler/entry/monitoring_java_processes_running_as
> http://mballantyne.blogspot.com/2011/05/profiling-tomcat-with-visualvm-on-mac.html [/OT]
>
> Running the shutdown.bat script, on .32 and .33, hung at trying to stop the coyote connector,
which then produces the error message in the command prompt window "endpoint.warn.unlockAcceptorFailed"
over and over.

It is strange. It should occur once (after 30 seconds delay). Maybe
shutting down the server socket is not enough to break the Acceptor
thread...

I think a thread dump is needed to diagnose this.
(Especially what Apr Acceptor thread is doing).

Your report sounds as if it is reproducible.

Missing message is certainly a small bug.

> Tomcat 7.0.21 32-bit windows zip starting and stopping via the startup and shutdown scripts
doesn't give me this problem.

> Any ideas what could be wrong?  Windows firewall maybe?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko