tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: [OT] Tomcat on its own SVN repository?
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:35:02 GMT
2011/9/29 Francis GALIEGUE <>:
> Hello list,
> I was trying to get the source code in order to implement my own idea
> of a remote address valve (as mentioned in a previous thread).
> But I use git-svn, and discovered that Tomcat is on a repository with
> 1M+ changes on it! git svn clone is therefore woefully impractical. Is
> there any plan to move each project at least to its own SVN repo, if
> not git?

No. Why? If it ain't broken do not fix it.

The project has 10+ years of history, and all its versions are
related. Also we sometimes copy code from other ASF projects.

BTW, there are read-only git mirrors at ASF elsewhere.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: