tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Sturm <>
Subject RE: Performance for many small requests
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 20:55:54 GMT

The Linux JVM has a nice option -XX:+UseLargePages to help avoid TLB misses on heap accesses.
 It's good for modest gains, and has the side effect of locking the heap into memory.  I tend
to use it on systems with large heaps.

Not much you can do about cache misses though, besides getting processors with more cache.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message