tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: bind webapps to different IP addresses on a single instance of tomcat
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:11:28 GMT
> From: Robert Lafleur [mailto:rlafleur@vbridges.com]
> Subject: bind webapps to different IP addresses on a single instance of tomcat

> Is there a way to configure a single instance of tomcat
> to bind webapps to different ip addresses, or do I have
> to configure two tomcat instance to host each webapp?

There are a few options in addition to running two instances of Tomcat.

1) Use virtual hosts to separate the requests; one <Host> per IP address.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

2) Use a filter in each webapp to reject requests sent to the wrong IP address.  This one
is fairly easier to configure:
http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

3) Write a single <Valve> at the <Engine> level to reject inappropriate requests.
 I don't think there's a standard Valve to do this, but it should be fairly easy to extend
an existing one.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/valve.html

4) Configure two <Service> elements, each with one <Connector>, <Engine>,
and <Host>.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/service.html

 - Chuck