tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Performance Turning.
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 14:16:13 GMT
> From: Talha Fazal [mailto:tfazal@credera.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat Performance Turning.

> We did take a thread dump and we found a lot of threads locked.
> "http-8014-9" daemon prio=10 tid=0x0000000060965c00 nid=0x6c83 in Object.wait()
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.await(JIoEndpoint.java:458)

Often, a throughput problem is not the many, but just one that is holding all of the others
up.  The example you cite above is simply a thread waiting for something to do.

Do you perhaps have a network problem, where requests are simply not getting delivered to
httpd or Tomcat in a timely fashion?

 - Chuck