tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: 2 servlets on tomcat.
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:01:02 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: 2 servlets on tomcat.
>
>> ilyal levin wrote:
>>> I have installed tomcat v6 on port 8080, wrote a simple java
>>> program (eclipse 3.7) and now i have my servlet running.
>>> now i want to write another servlet, how can i define tomcat
>>> so that i can run both servlets at the same time?
>
>> You really do not provide a lot of information, so answer this :
>
> Before answering, read the servlet spec or otherwise become familiar with the concept
of web applications of which servlets are a component.

Charles, you are impatient.  That was supposed to be lesson #3.
Lesson #1 was gentle prodding about providing more (and better) information.
Lesson #2 would be about the difference between webapps and servlets, and where they live.
Then, if you want, you can take over, when things become more interesting.
;-)