tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: manager and host-manager have 401.jsp that is not used
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 08:04:52 GMT
On 21/09/2011 01:03, Manger, James H wrote:
>> On 20/09/2011 08:31, Manger, James H wrote:
>>> The manager and host-manager apps included with Tomcat 7.0.21 are both:
>>> * configured to use BASIC authentication; and
>>> * configured with a custom error page for 401 (unauthenticated) error codes.
>>> However, the customer error page is never used by Tomcat.

>>> The 401.jsp file has lots of useful information that would be helpful to display
to a user if they cancel their browser's BASIC login prompt.

>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>>
>> Currently the 4th entry for 7.0.22
>>
>> Mark
>
> Great!
> I confirmed 401.jsp is being used properly in 7.0.20.
>
> I couldn't find any release schedule for 7.0.22 (with the fix) at the Tomcat web site.
Are tentative release dates listed anywhere? Tomcat releases appear to be frequent enough
(about monthly, thanks!!) that a date for the next release is not too crucial, but it would
be nice to have an estimate now that I know it includes a fix I want.

Tomcat releases happen as the need arises and as the committers (who are
volunteers after all) have time to generate them.

As the current Tomcat 7 release manager, I have been producing a Tomcat
7 release at roughly the beginning of each month since the first
release. I have no plans at the moment to change this cycle so I'll
start the next release around the beginning of October and if all goes
well it should be available a week or so later. As with any such plans
they may slip if life and/or work need me to spend my time elsewhere.

Mark