tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat won't start
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:35:32 GMT
Hi.

I think that for this issue, you would get better/quicker help from a Linux admin forum.

I am not trying to brush you off, but this looks like an issue having to do with the way
recent versions of Linux manage "services", rather than with Tomcat itself.
The expertise of the people on this list is with Tomcat itself, rather than with all the
different ways in which different OS-es manage such "services".

This being said, if you have problems finding out why Tomcat died in the first place, then

this would be the right list to ask.
But then, provide :
- the Tomcat version (x.y.z)
- the Java version
- the (full) OS and version
- the lines in the Tomcat log files that are relevant
(this can be in /var/log/tomcat55/*.log, or /var/log/daemon, or similar places (also
depending on the OS))